torsdag 28. april 2011

New lamp for the babyroom

As I said I was really satisfied with the lamp that we had in our babyroom. I looked for a long time after that special lamp, but never found anything that suited the style in the room, so I found out that if I wanted that special lamp I had to make it myself!I accidentely found this idea for the lamp in a norwegian magazine Kamille. 
This is how you make the birdcage-lamp
You need:
  • Poultrynet
  • Copperthread
  • An old lampshade where you remove the fabric and only use the shape.
  • Copperspray
  • 3 sticks 
  • Some black paint
  • Decorating birds
  • Glue pot
Sånn gjør du:
  1. Meschure to the right size with the poultrynet by taking it around the lampshade. Sew it together by using the copperthread. 
  2. Spray with copperspray, while the copperspray dries you paint the three sticks in black or another colour that you would prefer.
  3. When it´s all dried you glue the decorating birds on to the sticks. These kind of birds you can get at Panduro
  4. Attach the sticks across the cage and on to the poultrynet using the copperthread.And the lamp is ready to use!
Here is my lamp:

..but if you´re not handy enough to make it yourself, you can now buy it at ModCloth!




I think our little prince will LOVE this lamp! He´s obsessed with birds at the moment!

Ingen kommentarer: